This Post contains affiliate links
Now that we are well into the holiday shopping season, you might be wondering what gifts to get your favorite runner (or maybe you just need a few creative ideas for yourself). There are many running related gifts, and with a little thought and effort, you might find that perfect item that motivates, inspires, or equips your runner to keep piling on the miles.
A while ago, I offered up a few stocking stuffer ideas if you are looking for something small or have a limited budget. You might also find a few more ideas in this video from Joyful Miles.
First accessories are a great place to start:
- Bib holders for the race addict that has tabs for race bibs, and maybe a place to stash gels.
- Water bottles with hand straps or waist packs work well for the long distance runner who regularly lay down double digit miles.
- For your cold-weather running friends, fleece gloves, hats and neck sleeves are great. Make sure they are running specific, though. Lightweight, with soft fleece and reflective elements, and smartphone friendly fabrics make the best running gloves.
- Nutrition like gels, beans, bars, and drink mixes are also great. Grab a variety and stuff that stocking, or buy a box of their favorite gel!
- Running jewelry like Motivate wraps from Momentum Jewelry. They have a variety of motivational phrases and have customizable options as well. They also have a gift box, perfect for the holidays.
- If you are looking for Practical jewelry, though, look no further than Road ID. If you love your runner, and they don’t have an athletic ID, yet, get them one. Road ID has several options to carry that identification, like wrist bands or wraps, ankle bands, and shoe tags.
Let’s get into some larger items:
- For the bling addict, you can’t go wrong giving a medal rack. Sport Hooks has a wide variety of medal racks for all types of athletes, including runners and triathletes.
- You might also consider a bib folio — a binder that holds race bibs, which many runners like to save as keepsakes.
- Ladies might like skirts and accessories from Sparkle Athletic.
- For the Mom Runner in your life, anything from Another Mother Runner Store, which carries cute lifestyle and running tees, hair bands, jewelry like motivate wraps, their 3 amazing books, and adorable trucker hats!
- Therapy tools like foam rollers and stick rollers from Triggerpoint Therapy. Runner’s of all stripes need a little TLC!
If you’ve been following me for a while, you may have seen me do some Runner’s World Subscription Box videos, and the RWBox is one of many subscriptions boxes out there for runners. The great thing about subscription boxes is that you can get one box, or several months worth, making it a gift that keeps on giving! The other nice thing about these is there is a variety of products inside each box, from nutrition to safety to therapy tools and a bunch more.
I love getting gift cards from my favorite running specialty store. Many larger companies have brick and mortar stores in addition to their online presence, but check with your runner for their favorite local or national store. My favorite store is RoadRunner Sports, but there are many others like Fit2Run, FleetFeet, and Runner’s Roost.
Lastly, I found this great website that has motivational runner’s art. Runific has an extreme sale going on as of this shooting. Their artwork displays beautiful running scenes with motivational quotes. Not cheesy, just really cool.
I hope these ideas help you with your holiday shopping, and if you have any further suggestions, please leave them in the comments!
Leave a Comment