Training Plan Length: 15 weeks
Training Plan Intensity: Low to Moderate Intensity
Hours per Week: 3-4 Hours
Workouts per Week: 6-8 Workouts
About This Training Plan
This training plan is designed for Beginning to Intermediate runners to complete the Disney’s Wine and Dine Two-Course Challenge of the 10k and Half Marathon. At the start of this plan, you should be able to run or run/walk for 45 minutes, and have averaged 10-15 miles per week for the last 3 months.
Prior to beginning this plan, it is recommended that you have completed a half-marathon in the last 24 months months.
- Tracking Device: ie Garmin, Polar, Suunto, Coros, etc. that can track miles, time, and heart rate (optional, but desired).
- Foam Roller or other recovery device.
- Resistance Bands for post-run strength.
Training for Disney Multi-day Challenges is about time on your feet rather than speed. You will see 4-5 days a week of running, and one full rest day. You have the option for 1-2 days of Cross Training per week. Runner’s Strength workouts are to be done 2-3 days a week.
What is included:
- 15 weeks of training leading up to Race week
- Email Access to Coach Heather for questions.
- Exclusive Videos for participants to include training tips, workout breakdowns, RunDisney event tips, and much more.